Friday 30 July 2021

My Holiday Highlights

The highlight of my holiday was when we went down to Taupo.  First of all let me get this strait, yes we did catch trout, yes we did drive for 5 hours strait, and yes we did catch catfish, and 6 of them. The catfish were slimy and green, wet and pestering little things. 

By pestering, I mean annoying and they were pests because they were not native, they were not pretty,
but they were really ugly!

Anyways, we caught catfish, so lets get on with the other parts. The lake we fished in was crystal clear, and full to the top with trout. You could see trout swimming around in the lake, large trout, tiny trout and even freshwater lobsters.
The lobsters were interesting little things because their claws were HUGE!
Compared to themselves, they are tiny.

In the morning, I woke up to a deep frost, but I was in my bed so I was fine. The sun defrosted the ice quickly so later at 9.30 I decided to go for a bike ride to the river-mouth and back. On the way back I spotted a trout, a lonely trout, swimming in a shallow part of the river. It didn't have any other fish with it, then I biked along about 10 metres and saw a school of trout that had at-least 25 trout swimming in a deep crystal clear pool.

When I got back it was sadly time to go. But I can't wait to come back next time!

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting time you had in Taupo! I wonder why the water there is so clear, and the water in the rivers here are not so clear? why do you think that is? It is a long drive to Taupo, I hope no one got carsick!
    Mrs McK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.